Therapeutic Benefits of Yoga for Mental Health Certification Course
with Ghada Osman, PhD, LMFT, PYT, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT
AUM was among the first schools to offer training in this aspect of therapeutic yoga, and we’ve now been offering it for six years! We are thrilled to have expanded our 40-hour certification training to encompass 100 hours of training. The 100-hour certification course is open to all certified yoga teachers, as well as AUM’s enrolled Yoga Therapy students and those who have taken the 40-hour training in the past.
Days two and three are included as part of AUM’s Clinical Yoga Therapy and Bridge Programs; enrolled students receive discounted tuition for the Basic or Advanced Certification.
Choose from two certification options:
- Basic Certification: 40-hour certification; includes onsite instruction and independent online study
- Advanced Certification: 100-hour certification; includes onsite instruction and independent online study
Students who completed the 40-Hour Basic Certification in 2016 or 2017 may count those hours towards the 100-Hour Advanced Certification.
This in-depth training with Ghada Osman, a Harvard-educated PhD, psychotherapist, yoga therapist, and yoga teacher, offers a comprehensive understanding of how yoga can effect positive change across a wide spectrum of mental health challenges and disorders. Content areas include:
- Understanding the philosophy and science behind yoga’s effect on mental health
- Overview of mental health conditions, the role of the therapist, and the models of human development as they relate to psychological well-being
- Assessing a client’s readiness for working with therapeutic yoga
- Breaking down the components of yoga therapy into asana, pranayama, mudras, bandhas, dhyana, and developing witness consciousness
- Applying a straightforward, yet comprehensive three-pronged approach to working with yoga for mental health
- Developing protocols to work with clients experiencing symptoms of depression, anxiety disorders, trauma, PTSD, ADHD, addiction, eating disorders, and body image.
“This is a comprehensive, life-changing training that every yoga therapist and yoga teacher should pursue as part of their personal and professional growth.”
Please note: This course is limited to 16 students. A manual is included for students pursuing certification.
- Basic Certification (40 hours): Saturday–Tuesday, June 16–19: 8:30 am–5:30 pm
- Advanced Certification (100 hours): Saturday–Tuesday, June 16–19: 8:30 am–5:30 pm; and Friday–Sunday, June 22–24: 8:30 am–5:30 pm
- Online Component: June 8–July 1
Ghada Osman, PhD, LMFT, C-IAYT, E-RYT 500, is a licensed psychotherapist, yoga teacher, yoga therapist and AFAA-certified aerobics instructor who has worked with a wide range of populations, from college students to hospice patients. In her private practice, her specialties include helping clients work with anxiety and depressive disorders, eating disorders, trauma, grief and loss, and chronic/ serious physical illness. Ghada has been certified as a yoga therapist by the International Association of Yoga Therapy, and she completed her 500-hour yoga teacher training at the Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health. A Professor Emerita at San Diego State University, she holds a doctorate degree from Harvard University and a Master’s in psychology from Chapman University.
Pricing Structure and Early Bird Specials
- $840 through March 31
- $860 between April 1 and May 15
- $880 after May 15
Basic Certification for Enrolled Students
- $640 through March 31
- $660 between April 1 and May 15
- $680 after May 15
Advanced Certification for 40-Hour Certified Teachers
- $950 through March 31
- $990 between April 1 and May 15
- $1,010 after May 15
- $1,640 through March 31
- $1,680 between April 1 and May 15
- $1,700 after May 15
Advanced Certification for Enrolled Students: $1,300
- $1,300 through March 31
- $1,340 between April 1 and May 15
- $1,360 after May 15
Cancellation policy: If you cancel 3 weeks prior to the program, you will receive a full refund minus a $100 nonrefundable processing fee. If you cancel between 3 weeks and 1 week prior to the program, you will receive a refund of half the tuition, minus the $100 non-refundable processing fee. Cancellations less than 1 weeks prior to the program are non-refundable.