Bridge Program to Prepare for Clinical Practicum
Rolling enrollment throughout the year to prepare for our Yoga Therapy Clinical Practicum.
The Bridge Program is required for applicants who have not participated in our 500-Hour Yoga Therapy curriculum and wish to enroll in our Clinical Practicum. The program is intended to serve as a bridge for yoga teachers from any tradition who are interested in becoming professional clinical yoga therapists.
Requirements to Enroll
- 300- or 500-Hour training from a Yoga Alliance-approved school
- Two years of teaching experience
- Entry interview with Director and Head of Clinic
- Two entrance exams: These tests measure applicants’ general subject knowledge of our Level I and II course content; scores are used to determine applicants’ familiarity with the subject matter, and do not determine whether an applicant is accepted into the program.
- Anatomy and functionality
- Proper sequencing and adaptation of postures
- Ayurveda and digestion
- Yoga therapy for the body systems (cardiac, respiratory, mental health, reproductive, subtle energy, etc.)
- Principles of breath and movement for yoga therapists
- Observation clinics
- Ethics and the Yoga Sutras.
Hourly Breakdown (312 hours total)
- 230 contact hours (does not include asynchronous hours, formerly known as non-contact hours)
- 25 clinical orientation hours (students are responsible for HIPPA test fee, approx. $75)
- 15 clinical observation hours
- 35 assisting/shadowing hours
- 7 mentoring hours
Course Titles and Dates
Hours are Saturday and Sunday from 8:30 am-5:30 pm each day unless otherwise noted. If you have already taken a course similar to any of the courses listed, we will substitute another of our 18-hour workshops in its place.
- Advanced Pranayama Techniques with Yoganand Michael Carroll: June 9–13, 2017
- Yoga for Parkinson’s and Other Neuro-motor Degenerative Diseases: August 5, 2017
- Yoga for Mental Health: August 19–20, 2017
- Yoga Therapy for Early Onset Alzheimer’s, Cognitive Disorders, and Dementia: Thursdays, 11:00 am–12:00 pm: August 31; September 7, 14, & 28; October 5, 12, 19 & 26; and November 2, 2017
- Introduction to the Therapeutic Benefits of Yoga, Part A: September 9–10, 2017
- Yoga’s Therapeutic Benefits for the Endocrine and Reproductive Systems: September 16–17, 2017
- Knees, Hips, Shoulders, Elbows: Therapeutic Benefits of Yoga for the Joints: September 29–October 1, 2017
- Introduction to Ayurveda: October 28–29, 2017:
- Yoga’s Therapeutic Benefits for the Respiratory System: November 4–5, 2017
- Introduction to the Therapeutic Benefits of Yoga, Part B: November 11–12, 2017
- Guru Kula Final Presentations: November 18-19, 2017
- Observation Clinics: 10 Saturdays, August–November 2017, 10:00 am–4:00 pm, January through June 2018; check online schedule for updates
- Yoga for Parkinson’s: Select Saturdays, 10:00 am–11am, August 2016 through May 2017
- Tantra Hatha Yoga and Chronic Pain: January 20–21, 2018
- Ayurveda and Digestion with Jesus Caballero: March 3–4, 2018
- Knees, Hips, Shoulders, Elbows: Therapeutic Benefits of Yoga for the Joints with Marlysa Sullivan: April 13–15, 2018
- Yoga Therapy for Cancer with Kathleen Ross-Allee: April 21–22
- Therapeutic Benefits of Yoga for the Heart, May 5–6
- Guru Kula Final Presentations: November 17–18, 2018
Mentorship component: Bridge Program students are required to spend 7 hours working with faculty mentors, at a cost of $100/hour. Mentorship fees are in addition to Bridge Program tuition, and are paid directly to each mentor for their time and guidance.
- Between May 1 and June 30: $5,000
- After July 1: $5,200
Payment Plans: We offer 2-, 4-, and 6-payment plans for your convenience. Terms for 2-payment plan are 50% to start, balance due the 1st of the fourth month after course start. For 4-payment plan, 25% to start, payments due the 1st of the third, sixth, and ninth month after course start. For 6-payment plan, payments due the 1st of every other month after course start.
Refunds: No refunds will be given once Bridge Program work has been started.
Please note: There is a $100 nonrefundable application fee, payable below. Two- and four-payment plans also available (see below). Service fee applies and late payments are subject to a $25 late fee. Tuition rate good through May 31, 2017.
To discuss start dates, contact us.
AUM Home Shala is accredited by the Accreditation Committee of the International Association of Yoga Therapists. For more information, visit www.iayt.org. Yoga therapists certified at AUM are eligible for grandfathering under IAYT’s new guidelines.